Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feature and a Hat

So I have some super exciting news to share....

Quilt Story

That's right!!! I just think this is the coolest thing ever! I started shrieking when I saw the post! Literally. The whole reason I started a blog was to share and network and meet new people. And I can't believe its becoming a reality. The internet is sooooo awesome! Heather and Megan from Quilt Story are some really awesome peoples. You can see my feature and many more inspirational posts here.

Ok, phew, got that off my chest! Sorry, I'm just really excited!

Anywho...back in December I made some quick impromptu gifts for my friend's son.


Isn't he soooo stinking cute?!?! As you can see he really loves Buzz. I made the hat and scarf from fleece and I was initially happy with the results. The only thing was, I wasn't sure how to deal with the seam on the hat since I didn't want it to show when you turned the brim up. So I doubled the layers so the seam would be concealed. Problem was it made the hat super bulky, making it hard to tie off the pom pom, and the thickness messed with the finished size. It damn near didn't fit him.

Fast forward a month and baby number two came! Which only makes more opportunities for cute handmade gifts!

So last night I re-pondered the hat and decided to keep it one layer and do a french seam instead.




The pom pom is a little less full, but I think this is the way to go. Its light but warm and I'm happy with how the seam worked out. These hats are so cute and easy I might just make one for myself! Pom poms are acceptable at 26 right?

1 comment: