Tuesday, May 14, 2013

This Weekend

Did you all have a great Mother's Day? I hope you got to do lots of fun stuff! I happened to have a splendid weekend at the tenth annual Art Star Craft Bazaar in Philly!


With this super awesome lady.....


In case you can't tell by the picture, that's Nicolette of Nicolette Absil Jewelry. She's pretty fantastic! She makes amazing one of a kind pieces of jewelry from a process called enameling.




Pretty neat huh? Her jewelry is so beautiful. I absolutely love the way she sets gems into her pieces!! Its really unique. You can follow ,Nicolette, and discover more about her process and techniques by checking out her blog here!

The bazaar had an array of really talented and wonderful artists from around the country! I did get to go shopping at one point and picked up some really cool stuff like this hat from our booth neighbors Emily and Nick of Endless Hats


  
They were really great! Emily and Nick, if you ever read this thanks for the safety pins! 


 I just love craft fairs! The best part is being able to buy directly from an artist. You get to see and understand the effort and passion that goes into making each item, especially when you meet the person who made it. All in all, it was a great time and a great learning experience. I had so much fun! I'm hoping Nicolette will ask me to help her again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Nicole for being a great assistant & for the awesome post! I had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete