Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Wall Hanging

A while back I decided I would make a Christmas wall hanging to liven up my home for the holiday season.  I thought it would also be a great way to use up some scraps!  I was hoping it wouldn't wind up like all the best laid plans for holiday wall hangings,  stuffed in the bottom of my sewing bag......and it didn't. Here's what I have so far.

Yes. Those are pirates ships. I love that blanket.

I'm in love with this star block. You can find a tutorial for it here.

I made a slight variation of the block by adding little triangles to all four corners to continue the octagonal shape.  To make the block large enough for a wall decoration, I plan on adding borders.  I've already fussy cut some green dot fabric I had from last years pot holders and applied it in a way that when the next border is added you will see the dots all line up framing the block! I can't wait to finish it up!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely block you made! hope you get it done before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!! =D and for the compliment! I also hope I get it done soon...Christmas is fast approaching I can't believe it!

      Delete